I am finished with the Rustic Autumn Shawl so beautifully created by Knit Purl Gurl. And I love it so much I am ready to cast on another one right away. Just take a look at this.
I used Universal Yarn Classic Shades in watermelon. This is a 70% acrylic/30% wool combination yarn that is very soft and not so warm for Florida. Knit Purl Gurl created her shawl with Noro, which I am in love with but did not have on hand when I decided to cast on. Universal Yarns are very reasonable price wise and I have to say I am loving them more and more every time I use them,
The pattern was very easy to understand and quick and fun to make. I used a size 11 needle and did one less garter stitch row repeat to adjust for my larger needle size.
I think I might repeat the diagonal rib pattern one more time in my next shawl to make it a bit longer. If you are newish to knitting you can just omit the diagonal rib pattern and just keep knitting away in garter stitch. Let your beautiful yarn do the talking for you.
Max is a bit bored with me right now. We just went for a walk and now he is sad because his Dad has left for the weekend. Okay, I am going to go out on a limb here, but does anyone else get a little excited when their husband or partner goes away for the weekend? I love my husband to bits and I am so happy we have been married for almost 20 years, but.......it's sort of nice to get a break isn't it? I get to plan my weekend and not have to check in. I can knit and crochet until my hands are sore and I don't have to think about what he needs. Now I still have two boys at home and of course Max, oh and my parents to deal with, but it is nice to have one less obligation, a great obligation, but still he is someone else to think about.
I have been on the computer trying to catch up with blogs and.........Christmas ideas. Thus the horribly bored look above. Don't scream at me, but it is September 3, already. I have a few ideas for all of you. The last few years I have been trying to have my presents take on more meaning. Every other year I knit or crochet things, this year it is cowls. I have a good head start on that already. I have a few websites I think you all might be interested in for Christmas ideas. Last year I sent baskets full of things from womensbeanproject.com which is an amazing organization helping women break the chain of poverty. These baskets were a big hit, so check them out. I also found a beautiful bracelet in a store near my house that helps fund the free pharmacy in my county. I loved the bracelet so much I went online to read more about it. storybraceletsandmore.com, is a wonderful organization helping stay at home and single moms, it empowers them with income and flexibility without the worry of working away from home and providing daycare for their children.
My other favorite website is globalgoodspartners.org. If you look under the bag category you will find the purse I have been using for 2 years. It is in the corner of the main picture, It is red and leather and made with wool, by women in Peru. It is a free trade organization so you are helping others while shopping. What could be better than that?
Here is hoping you are all having a relaxing, wonderful weekend. For those of you in need, I am keeping you close to my heart.

0 Yorumlar