Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Christmas Creating

It seems like Christmas is creeping up at us at an alarming speed.  Those who live in the United states are celebrating Thanksgiving late this year, that is just confusing me even more.  I seem to think I have an extra week in my calender, and it surprises me everyday when I realize the date.  Today we have exactly 30 days until the big day, I think I am going to need some help.  I still have all the decorating to do, more shopping, wrapping and shipping.  It sounds very daunting when I put it all down into words, but maybe putting it into words will help stop it all from swirling around in my head!

As for the creating, well I actually think I am on target with my holiday goals.  I have really become quite insane, walking around my house crocheting everywhere I go.  I stand in the kitchen and crochet, I read blogs and crochet, I put my feet up in the afternoon and crochet.  I actually spent my entire Sunday afternoon watching pro football I did not even care about just so I could crochet.  If I could clean my house and fold laundry while I crocheted I think I would. 

So for now I have accomplished this.


Fourteen cup cozies are completed, one to go.


All of them have been made from Cascade Yarns, Superwash Paints. I used a H hook and 440 yards of yarn, and frankly ran out of yarn before I could complete number fifteen.  This was stash yarn, so hooray on no yarn expense for these presents.


All I had to do was buy the cups, and a few buttons, and of course some hot chocolate to go in them.
 

I think these will be nice little presents for people I care about, just a little something to tell them I am thinking about them this Holiday Season.
 

Up next is finishing this scarf for Mr. 20 year old.  I bought this yarn last year in Columbus, when visiting him to move him out of his dorm.  Perfect Ohio State colors!  I have enough for one scarf and some fringe.


Now that he is bringing a fellow swimmer home for the Holiday's I thought I would knit him up a scarf, too.  It gets chilly up there in Ohio, especially for a Florida boy.  Too bad I didn't buy more of this yarn when I had the chance.  Well Mr. 20 year old's friend will have to suffer with Lion Brand Wool-Ease.  I am not spending a lot on knitted items for boys who are going to lose them.  

After this I have a shawl to make for a friend and then I think I am done.  I better get busy, only 30 days to go!

How is your creating going?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar