Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thinking Ahead


 For some reason I have been answering the call of Fall despite the fact that it is only August.  My recent stops at the thrift shop have yielded fall treasures that I've been squirrelling away at home in anticipation of the upcoming autumn season.

With thrift shopping you have to buy it when you see it as it's not likely to be there if you wait to buy things in the correct season.  Christmas in July, Easter in February, Fall in August... sure, it all makes sense in the land of thrift shopping :).

I do think our unusually gray, rainy summer has contributed to my longing for all things autumn.  Heck if it's going to look like autumn it might as well be autumn.  Well, not really.  I don't think I want to rush into it that fast, but I am feeling a bit of excitement in the air for the season of cozy cuddle-up, sweater wearin', cider sippin', nip in the air, pumpkin pickin' Fall.  

So, a little collage with a few of my recent thrifty finds (l to r, top to bottom):

1.  beautiful white linen placemats featuring fall leaves

2.  votive holder painted with leaves, acorns & berries

3.  white soup tureen with leafy design & pear shaped handle (can hardly wait to fill it with butternut squash soup).   

4.  orange, clove & cinnamon essential oil candle

5.  cozy cream cardigan 

6.  brand new "Farmer's Market" Yankee candle
(for 80 cents no less).

Okay, carry on with summer.
Fall will arrive soon enough and when it does I'll be ready. 
 
 


 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar