Here's another blog that fills me with inspiration and a little jealousy (at their mad skillz) : Grab Your Fork, run by some Sydney folk (though they seem nice). They are clearly at least as devoted to food as we are and have much better skills at getting it out there. They have an absolute ball with their food and it shows in the commentary. What I especially like is that when their cooking chum Pig Flyin is cooking, there are other people around to take photos and write up the commentary (hint, hint). I do have problems with taking photos and cooking and writing all at once -
- Taking photos distracts me from cooking (darn! I should have poached the fish by now!)
- Cooking distracts me from taking photos (darn! I should have taken a photo of the tomatoes in the colander!)
- Writing up taxes the balance of my honesty (no dish is perfect, there's always something I could have done better) against my desire to write an interesting blog that will hopefully make more people interested in cooking and eating the odd things I pluck out of the books and our group imagination to cook.
- Plus I'm clearly not that good a phorographer. Why can't we all specialise as Adam Smith intended?
So if anyone ever wants to volunteer to be a scribe and documenter, you're welcome.
And if any fonders want a mussel night, let me know. I'm thinking classic white wine, tomato and chili; the bourride sauce from Cumulus Inc; and one more tba, something italian with fennel maybe. And a big home fryer of frites.
Eat early, eat often.
Ecumer

0 Yorumlar