Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Bestiary: Ye Olde Creature Catalogue

I realized that I had not posted a recent Dungeons & Dragons monster I got to update and illustrate, time to rectify that oversight... Dragon #418 features the article, Bestiary: Ye Olde Creature Catalogue, and I was tasked with updating the wily Decapus. They call it a Decapus because it has ten arms... and because it lives in trees. Wait... Anyway, the Decapus is one of those monsters that has been around in D&D for a very long time and I was thrilled to get the chance to update it. This is how the final tentacled beast turned out...

Decapus
© 2012 Wizards of the Coast

There were some classic characteristics that I had to adhere to, but other then that the description was rather open to interpretation and I had a lot of fun making the monster come to life. Here is the drawing for the Decapus as well as a process progression of the painting...

Decapus - Drawing
© 2012 Wizards of the Coast

Decapus - Process Progression
© 2012 Wizards of the Coast
 
RAWR!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar