Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Holiday Eye Look Using MAC Glitter!

First and foremost, I want to apologize for being off-radar! I have been busy trying to finish buying gifts for family and friends and work has been crazy too. I am also hosting Christmas Day dinner and the next day (the 26th), the family and I are taking the Amtrak to New York City. We are going to spend a couple of days there. Let me tell you, I love the holidays but this season has been especially hectic. Therefore, this New Year's Eve, the man and I are staying home and partying with the cats.

Anyway, I thought I would share my holiday makeup with you girls. Last Friday night, my office held its annual holiday party and this was the look I did. I did my hair in rolls and put the rest in a black snood.

I added a poinsettia flower barrette since it was a holiday party.

I wore a 1950s black velvet dress (which was almost a disaster) for the occasion but in these pictures I am still in my work/day outfit.

Here is an upclose look at my eyes:
And another view:

I started by applying Nars' Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer from lashline to browbone. I then applied MAC's Paint Pot in Pharaoh to the lids. I put on MAC's Sweet and Punchy eyeshadow on top. On my crease, I applied MAC's matte shadow in Copperplate and then I put on MAC Vanilla shadow on my browbone.

Then, I combined a tiny dot of MAC Pro's eyeliner mixing gel with a small amount of MAC Pro Glitter in Chartreuse. Using a small flat brush, I applied a thin coat of the glitter mixture and used a hair dryer to dry and set the gel. To complete the look, I applied MAC's liquid liner in Point Black for a cat-eye liner effect and on my lower lash line, I applied Make Up For Ever's Aqua Eyes liner in 9L (a soft pale shimmery gold shade).

I think the look came out well but working with glitter can be annoying since it likes to scatter! The gel is a must-have when wearing glitter on the eyes. It keeps it safely in place and without it, you risk eye irritation and major fall-out! There is nothing worse than having glitter on your face instead of your eyelids! If glitter "escapes" and ends up on your cheeks, simply use a make-up wipe or a powder brush coated with loose powder.

So, are you girls going to any holiday-themed events/parties? If so, do you do any special makeup looks? Please share!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar